Caring and Sharing performs the following services for the community:
• Provides a helping hand to those in need in South Santa Rosa County.
• Provides Thanksgiving food baskets, and if available, good used clothing and household items (through a partnership with Interfaith Ministries)
• Provides Christmas food baskets, toys for children, and gift certificates for teens.
• Identifies families in need through churches, schools, and other service organizations within our area. Holds interviews and screens clients to verify genuine need.
• Collects food through the Gulf Breeze and Navarre churches, schools, businesses, and civic organizations.
• Collects funds through events and donations by individuals, businesses, civic organizations, and churches in our community.
• Adopts projects periodically to meet a need that has been identified (i.e. funds provided to local primary and intermediate schools to meet basic needs in case of emergency).
• Makes available excess food and clothing after the Christmas distribution weekend to local churches and agencies in south Santa Rosa County that provide for those community members in need on a year round basis.